This programme aims to produce graduates who are proficient and skilled in the professional practice and academic study of dance. Students study western and non-western, dance techniques, choreography, dance notation and dance education with particular emphasis on Malaysian dance, thus offering a well-rounded multi-cultural and cross cultural dance education at the tertiary level. Dance faculty members include pioneers and experts in the field of ethnochoreology, modern and traditional choreography and dance education.
• Cultural Officer
• Arts Manager
• Dance Researcher
• Director Dance Critic
• Asia Dance Channel
• Cultural Ambassador
• Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia (Kementerian Pelancongan dan Kebudayaan Malaysia)
• National Department for Arts and Culture (Jabatan Kebudayaan dan Kesenian Negara)
• Johor Heritage Foundation (Yayasan Warisan Johor)
• Lembaga Kebudayaan Negeri Sabah Sarawak Cultural Village (Kampung Budaya Sarawak)
• Dayak Cultural Foundation (DCF)
• Akademi Seni Budaya dan Warisan Kebangsaan (ASWARA)
• Radio Televisyen Malaysia (RTM)
• Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Center (KLPAC)
• Nusantara Performing Arts Research Center (NusPARC)
• World Dance Alliance – Asia Pacific International Council for Traditional Music (ICTM)
Students must complete a total of 127 credits in order to be awarded the Bachelor of Dance. The programme is to be completed in three (3) academic years, including 6 Normal Semesters and 1 Special Semester.
The course structure for the programme are as follows:
|Faculty Core Course||7|
|Programme Core Course||63|
|Faculty Elective Course||6|
|Programme Elective Course||27|
|Total Credits for Graduation||127|
Semester I of the academic year commences in September while Semester II commences in February.
Deadline for Malaysian Applicants : April for Semester I Intake.
Deadline for International Applicants : May for Semester I Intake and October for Semester II Intake.
For more information, please refer : https://study.um.edu.my/download-brochures
Last Update: 26/03/2022